Long term investments sometimes turn out bad and leave the investors feeling devastated and at a loss. However with the correct information and knowledge on how to go about such businesses, it is much easier to make wiser investment decisions. It is in this respect that taking a securities course can be of great help.
Securities courses can lead to many career options with positive outlooks. In some cases, the programs take only two to three days to complete, but the only important thing to note is the intensity of the training, its full time participatory nature, and the concentration on specific aspects of the field. Thus, a two or three days programs might include the introduction to the main features of asset backed securities with key emphasis on the mortgage backed securities. Other programs can be several years for a bachelor’s level qualification in investment.
This page helps you find out more about what the courses are, and what you can expect to earn in jobs in securities. You might also like to check out the pages on Finance Masters and Accounting degrees.
What is studied in securities courses?
The securities program includes training aimed at giving students a better understanding of the financial service industry and to equip its successful candidates on to a better career path. Some courses do not take as long as the usual degree programs. Instead, some reputable and authorized institutions have course outlines that last a few days. But if you intend to make a career in this area, it is important to take a course that enables you to obtain a securities license.
A bachelor’s degree in investment will expose you to concepts and methodologies used in portfolio management and securities analysis. You will study the importance of analyzing trends in capital markets and the global economy as well as how legislation, regulations, and principles of practices impact decisions made in the securities industry.
Graduates of any securities program will have the ability to accurately assess company, industry and market performance. In the course of the program, students or candidates will be expected to grasp the good use of the procedures, terminologies and models without overlooking the use of ABS concepts which obviously comes in handy when handling investments in modern markets based on the new innovative technologies. They will also need to understand the use of financial instruments such as equities, managed products, structured products, and derivatives.
During the training period, the most important areas of study that will feature include the risk factor which is of course one of the most sensitive aspects of any investments whether long or short term. Perhaps the most important thing for any investor is being able to asses the risk factor before you decide to put your money on anything.
Another important area that is covered is the prepayment modes. Once these areas are well comprehended, the program will get to the equally important aspect of the structured instrumentation that is important in understanding the investment procedures. This area will also cover the matters pertaining to balance guaranteed swaps as well as the mortgages.
What are the prospects after taking these courses?
Upon completion of a securities training course, you should be able to have the basic knowledge to operate in any financial market since you will have an elaborate understanding of the terms and instruments that are often used in this sector including bonds, options, swaps and floors among many other instruments. So there should be many securities jobs that you can apply for.
The employment prospects upon the completion of the course are quite promising. Take into consideration that the world business trends are going global as technology steers us into an even smaller world. Many investors want to be able to exploit opportunities beyond their geographical boarders as long as they can be assured of returns on their investments. In order to do this adequately, these kind of programs are just what is needed.
The earning potential for the candidates in the securities training sector are rather high ranging from about $47000 to $72000 and the demand for such will certainly continue to grow in the future since this is a sector that is not yet fully exploited and has room for growth.
List of schools and programs
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Finance - Financial Planning
- MS in Finance
- BSBA - Investment
- And more...
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- 100+ locations and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- BS in Business/Finance
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Business Programs and Education Programs in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Financial aid is available for students who quality, with more than $1,000,000 through 10 scholarships.
- Offers 24/7 student services, including financial aid help, course registration, and career counseling.
- Students may opt in for a two week, risk-free trial period.
- Active-duty military, veterans, and Veteran’s Administration employees can save 15% on tuition.
- Ph.D. in Management - Finance - Course-based
- Ph.D. in Management - Finance
- Prepare for or advance your career in business. Start with a bachelor's or master's degree from GCU!
- Take courses online from anywhere, on campus in Phoenix or in other satellite locations throughout Arizona.
- GCU offers a variety of business programs, including undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Degree emphases include accounting, marketing, business administration, human resources, finance and economics, leadership & more.
- Request information – learn more about program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- B.S. in Finance and Economics
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- PhD - Finance (ACBSP-accredited)
- BS - Finance (ACBSP-accredited)
- Master of Science : Financial Planning
- Master of Science : Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration :Financial Analysis
- And more...
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- BS in Business - Finance
- Graduate Certificate-Financial Analysis
To get ahead, you need an education that will truly set you apart and is affordable. A private, non-profit, fully accredited institution, Bellevue University is dedicated to helping you earn a degree that prepares you to advance your career. Bellevue University has graduated over 40,000 students with an education that combines the latest knowledge and professional skills employers expect. More than 70 bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs in growing fields such as IT, Healthcare, Business, Safety and Security, are available online and on campus.
- Master of Science in Strategic Finance - MS